Sunday, May 25, 2008

ALL THE LOVELY BAD ONES by Mary Downing Hahn







Looking for a good ghost story? ALL THE LOVELY BAD ONES has all the required elements. An old inn, two kids who think they know it all, a dark woods, and some blood-curdling screams all add up to a good, old-fashioned ghost story.

Travis and Corey have some tricks up their sleeves when they come to spend the summer at Fox Hill Inn. Their grandmother owns the quiet inn and seems happy with the few guests that happen her way. But when her two grandchildren learn that the inn is supposedly haunted, they decide to conjure up some spookiness of their own to get more customers at the inn.

Things quickly get out of hand when their innocent pranks bring the real ghosts out of hiding. It appears the history of the old inn includes some dead that aren't ready to call it quits. The restless spirits have a score to settle, and Travis and Corey end up right in the middle of things.

Mary Downing Hahn is a master of mystery. ALL THE LOVELY BAD ONES is an excellent addition to any middle grade collection in need of traditional haunted house stories.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Mary Downing Hahn I really love the Old Willis Place. Deep and dark and dangerous is also a good book that she wrote. I think this will be a good book...

Anonymous said...

I love Mary Downing Hahn stories. I have had personal encounters with the spirit world myself and when ever i read one of her books it just sends shivers up my spine because it is just so realistic.

Anonymous said...

I have read this book and fell in love with it!!! It has so much juicy detail and Mary makes it feel like your'e living every second in the story! I highly recomend this book to anyone looking for a good book to read!!!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I kind of like this book the way i started reading it was a reading group at school, i kind of like it but i hate reading

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

i think that this is a great book and mary downing hahn is a great gosht story writer and that some of you guys should try deep and dark and dangerous it is also a great book from mary downing hahn she is a great writer for kids my age 11,12,or,13

Anonymous said...

Mary Downing Hahn o dont get me started on her she is such an amazing writer for kids 11,12,or 13 or any other age i think you should try deep dark and dangerous myself it is such a great book
she is a great writer for jr high kids and for high schoolers i think in my own opinion she make alot of great books i have read all her books and the rebbeca caudill books to they are all Great books i think anyways well i am gonna end off by saying Mary Downing Hahn please write more books

Anonymous said...

These books written by Mary Dowing Hahn are amazing! They are full of suspense... and always have a good ending. I hope to try and read as many books as i can that are written by her.

Anonymous said...

this book was amazing! i hate reading and this book just captivated me. it stared off a little slow but didnt stay that way. she is now my favorite author thats mary!

Anonymous said...

this book gives me the chills i absolutely ADORE Mary Downing Hahn. she has a passion to her books that just leave you flabbergasted.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely adore Miss.Mary Downing Hahn! she really leaves you flabbergasted on how well she writes each marvelous word of all her books I am truly impressed and i highly recommend this book to any readers