Sunday, May 24, 2009

NOT A YA BOOK, BUT STILL A GOOD BOOK!




I don't often read "grown-up" books, but I had to get my hands on an Elizabeth Berg book. She is coming to visit my local public library on June 20.

It is a really BIG deal because our town is a really little town, so the fact that she is coming here is HUGE!

THE PULL OF THE MOON is an inspiring book about one woman's journey into the world beyond middle age. She turns 50 (personal experience says that is NOT old) when she decides to go on a one-woman road trip. The journey, along with the letters she writes daily to her husband and the journal she keeps, helps her come to terms with the whole getting older thing.

It's an excellent book, and I can't wait to hear Elizabeth Berg in personal and shamelessly ask her to sign my copy.

No comments: