Thursday, March 19, 2009

NOVELS IN VERSE

My students are currently working on a poetry project. I'm always surprised how many YA authors choose poetry as the genre for their novels. This list includes the books I was able to quickly locate just from the shelves in my classroom.

MAKE LEMONADE, TRUE BELIEVER, and THIS FULL HOUSE (trilogy) by Virginia Euwer Wolff

WHAT MY MOTHER DOESN'T KNOW by Sonya Sones
WHAT MY GIRLFRIEND DOESN'T KNOW by Sonya Sones
ONE OF THOSE HIDEOUS BOOKS WHERE THE MOTHER DIES by Sonya Sones
STOP PRETENDING by Sonya Sones

FOREIGN EXCHANGE by Mel Glenn
JUMP BALL by Mel Glenn
WHO KILLED MR. CHIPPENDALE by Mel Glenn
SPLIT IMAGE by Mel Glenn

LOOSE THREADS by Lorie Ann Grover

WITH THEIR EYES ed. by Annie Thoms

LOVE THAT DOG by Sharon Creech
HEARTBEAT by Sharon Creech

SOLD by Patricia McCromick

HARD HIT by Ann Turner

BORIS by Cynthia Rylant

42 MILES by Tracie Vaughn Zimmer

CRANK by Ellen Hopkins
GLASS by Ellen Hopkins
BURNED by Ellen Hopkins
IMPULSE by Ellen Hopkins
IDENTICAL by Ellen Hopkins

THE WEIGHT OF THE SKY by Lisa Ann Sandell

2 comments:

Lenore Appelhans said...

I have two of the Hopkins books but none of the others. Haven't read them yet though.

Anonymous said...

I love all of Ellen Hopkins books. IDENTICAL was amazing!

Also, just so you know....I've nominated you for an award. Head over and see what it is all about.

AND, I love love love your header. Lenore's husband did a great job.