Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"WAITING ON WEDNESDAY"



Here's this week's "Waiting on Wednesday." (A soon-to-be available book that I can't wait to read.)

IF I STAY by Gayle Foreman has been popping up on blogger lists everywhere. The cover caught my eye, and descriptions of the book are also intriguing.

Summary courtesy of Barnes & Noble:

In a single moment, everything changes. Seventeenyear- old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall riding along the snow-wet Oregon road with her family. Then, in a blink, she finds herself watching as her own damaged body is taken from the wreck...
A sophisticated, layered, and heartachingly beautiful story about the power of family and friends, the choices we all make-and the ultimate choice Mia commands.

Release date is April 2, so there's not long to wait.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Hi! I enjoy your blog, and have nominated it for an I Love Your Blog award. (See details on my blog about the award.) I like knowing what your 8th graders like. It gives me a better idea of kids really like to read. Thanks.

Readingjunky said...

Thanks for the nomination. I really appreciate to vote of confidence.

Staci said...

Sounds like a very interesting premise and I'm going to read it!! Thanks! I work in a middle school library so I'm always looking for new, fresh books!!

Lenore Appelhans said...

Going to read this SOON!