Tuesday, December 15, 2009

TUESDAY'S TEMPTING TIDBITS

TUESDAY'S TEMPTING TIDBITS is when I post the opening lines of the book I'm currently reading.

Every reader is different, but I know the opening lines of a book can make or break my reading experience. By sharing the first few lines of what I'm reading, perhaps I can tempt readers to check out a book they might otherwise have passed up.

Here's TUESDAY'S TEMPTING TIDBITS #4.

HOW TO SAY GOODBYE IN ROBOT
by Natalie Standiford

"Goebbels materialized on the back patio, right before we moved to Baltimore, and started chewing throught the wicker love seat. We figured he was an escapee from one of the neighbors' houses, probably the Flanagans two doors down. The Flanagans had a lot of pets, and the parents looked the other way while their sons, Pat and Paul, fed them various foods that animals shouldn't eat, like Twinkies and Pop Rocks, and then raced them to see how the food affected their performance."

No comments: