Tuesday, December 29, 2009

TUESDAY'S TEMPTING TIDBITS

TUESDAY'S TEMPTING TIDBITS is when I post the opening lines of the book I'm currently reading.
Every reader is different, but I know the opening lines of a book can make or break my reading experience. By sharing the first few lines of what I'm reading, perhaps I can tempt readers to check out a book they might otherwise have passed up.

Here's TUESDAY'S TEMPTING TIDBITS #5.

AFTER EVER AFTER
by Jordan Sonnenblick
Chapter One: FOUR YEARS AGO

I'm in fourth grade.  One day, I'm sitting in my seat in class, minding my own business.  I'm kind of quiet, but everyone knows exactly who I am: Jeffrey Alper, That Kid Who Had Cancer.  There isn't a kid in the grade who hasn't eaten spaghetti at the church hall's annual Alper Family "Fun-Raiser" Dinner, or gotten dragged to a high school jazz band concert in my houor, or -- God help me -- bought a Save Jeffrey T-shirt.  If you were me, you'd try to keep a low profile, too.

No comments: