Thursday, April 15, 2010

HERE ARE SOME FAVORITES FROM THE GUYS IN THE 8TH AND 9TH GRADE

UNWIND by Neal Schusterman
GODLESS by Pete Hautman
TWISTED by Laurie Halse Anderson
CATCHING FIRE by Suzanne Collins
THE BOOKS OF PELLINOR by
A HERO TYPE by Barry Lyga
FAB 5 by Mitch Albom
SCHOOL SHOOTER by Mark Frye
BULL RIDER by Suzanne Morgan Williams
COUNTERFEIT SON by Elaine Marie Alphin
THE BAT BOY by Mike Lupica
RAIDERS NIGHT by Robert Lipsyte
BOY TOY by Barry Lyga
CARTER FINALLY GETS IT by Brent Crawford

Keep watching for a list of what the girls like.

2 comments:

Jan von Harz said...

I am a bit surprised at Twisted, but I am goning to have to save this list and get some of these books for my shelf.

Also I would love to borrow this idea, and ask my students to to this as they finish up their reading list this year let me know if this is OK with you. I will of course give credit where credit is due. Thanks

Readingjunky said...

Jan,
Go right ahead and use the idea. Glad it was useful. I actually haven't ask my a student for suggested titles as much this year as I have in the past.

One they love is "if you were stranded on an island, what book would you want to have with you."

I look forward to seeing what's on your list.

RJ