Saturday, April 10, 2010

TAKING A BREAK FOR THE MID-EVENT SURVEY

Mid-Event Survey:


1. What are you reading right now?
SORTA LIKE A ROCK STAR by Matthew Quick
2. How many books have you read so far?
Three
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
I'm really enjoying the one I'm reading right now.  Quirky and fun.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Well, since it's my birthday, I just informed everyone this was how I was celebrating.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
The interruptions have been of my choosing - putting in a few loads of laundry, taking out the dog, and cooking supper (but with the technical miracle of the oven timer, I could just relax and read until the "ding")
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
How much I would like to check out the hourly posts, but how much I want to keep reading because I feel like I'm cheating.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Can't imagine anything could be any better.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
Next year I will definitely tell my students about it.  I'm sure a few would participate.
9. Are you getting tired yet?
The words are beginning to blur a bit so I'm taking a wee break.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
Keep the snacks coming and send your husbands out golfing for the afternoon.

No comments: