Sunday, June 17, 2012

THE STATISTICAL PROBABILITY OF LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT by Jennifer E. Smith

OK, it's confession time.  I bought this simply because I figured the girls would like it; I wasn't planning on reading it myself.  Well, I'm glad I gave it a whirl.

When her father left for a temporary teaching job in London and then never returned, Hadley was left with mixed feelings.  Should she still love him or hate him for turning her life upsidedown?  Her mother finally pulled herself back together after the divorce and life was moving on.  Now Hadley's father has announced he is remarrying and he wants her to come to England for the wedding.  Reluctantly, she agrees.

Hadley knew she would regret the decision, but she didn't realize it would be so soon.  Just four minutes late, and she misses her flight.  She is able to get on the next flight, but it means waiting in the airport for hours.  Making the wedding on time is going to be touch and go.

Those four minutes end up making Hadley's trip one she will never forget.  An attractive, eighteen year old English guy named Oliver becomes Hadley's seatmate.  He is amazing!  Could the bond they develop during the trans Atlantic flight hold promise for the future? 

Author Jennifer E. Smith takes readers into Hadley's life for a mere twenty-four hours, but that one day gives the seventeen year old a new perspective on life, love, and family.  I'm definitely glad I bought this one and also glad I took the time to read it.



No comments: